My mom taught me how to sew when I was young.
She was the 4-H mother.
I even won a ribbon in the county fair for an outfit I sewed, once.
But I wasn't that interested and I didn't practice.
In 7th grade Home-Ec, my teacher told me I was a horrible sewer
and I made up my mind that sewing wasn't for me.
In the many years since, I've had little need or inclination for this art
until my little girl said she wanted a Mary Bo Peep birthday
and my mom found the most adorable pattern.
So with some trepidation and a LOT of help and coaching from mom
I am creating that outfit.
It is not surprising to discover I CAN, indeed, sew.
I have been surprised that my love for my daughter has increased
as I spend time and effort creating something special for her.
She loves helping and maybe someday, if I practice enough,
I'll be able to teach her.
thanks, mom :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment