Wednesday, October 6, 2010

just because cake


Nobody's birthday and no holiday in sight. 
It was just a regular Sunday evening. 
And just because I couldn't stand the thought or smell of almost any food, 
didn't mean I didn't suddenly need a big piece of chocolate cake. 
But we were out of eggs.

Just because I wanted it, he toted the kids over to his parents' house on a quick trip
 to borrow said missing eggs so that he could make me that cake. 
As sometimes happens, it took longer than expected,
so the kids were sent immediately to bed.
one, however, snuck out to help Dad, who insisted on still making cake, 
despite the lateness of the hour, 
just because I had a craving.


So when I finally got a taste of that much-anticipated cake, 
complete with homemade frosting, I ate two big pieces.
It was the sweetest, most moist, tastiest cake I've ever eaten, or will ever eat.
 just because it was so full of love


No comments:

Post a Comment