So this year I toned it down to a cute Nativity puzzle.
Each day we choose a scripture and a simple activity that is Christ-centered and short for a small child's attention span.
Then we get to choose a puzzle piece to glue onto the puzzle.
So far we've learned the importance of gratitude,
enjoyed Christmas songs together,
shared childhood Christmas memories with each other,
and reminded ourselves to keep a prayer always in our hearts.
We started late, so each child gets to put a piece on each time.
And I let go of the idea that we MUST do it everyday.
But by Christmas, our picture will be complete
and, hopefully, our hearts will be more full of our Savior's love.

Love this idea. I have a bag with 24 stories in it, one for each day. I never get it out. It's so much stress to "remember" to do that every day. There's enough going on. And it's hard to make little ones understand that it's not always their turn.
ReplyDelete