Wednesday, January 19, 2011

today's treasures

although it appeared a day like any other day, it was in fact my birthday
one to be remembered and treasured
the parties had already happened
I took the time to play hide and seek with my children.
     it was so fun: 
they love to be found, so are always giggling.
they love to find, so you always have a partner in crime.
they never tire of the same hiding places 
(the closet, behind a chair, under the bed, under a blanket) 
and if you happen to strike upon a new or unusual spot (standing on the bed under a blanket), 
the reward of uncontrollable laughter is intoxicating.
I felt like a child myself and reveled in the simple fun we were having.

     Later I was treated to a night off:
Joe fed, entertained and then put those same lovely children to bed
while I got to enjoy a quiet meal and watch a film I had been wanting to see 
and it only cost me one "Mister Mommy Money" from a generous stack of thirty 
which had been so lovingly created the night before.
Now I felt like a youth again, with seemingly endless time to myself for relaxation and reflection.

and as I reflected I felt like a woman loved, adored, and supported;
a mother content, heart-warmed, and happy
yes, these are the treasures of today.




No comments:

Post a Comment