Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Grade


I've too long neglected the blog here so I wanted to bop in on the first day of first grade for my very first first grader.

She was super excited and just couldn't wait as she reminded us frequently over the past few weeks. As we were driving home last night, she commented. "It is so busy out. Everyone in the whole world must be going to [name of school]!!"

I've been waiting for the "break" that full time school will bring to me as a mom but I forgot what that actually means about being apart for so much of the time. I already miss her! I'm glad today is a short day. 

I am so proud of her and excited for all that she will experience this year and in life. I pray that I will be the right kind of mother for her to help in the hard times and celebrate the good times. Now I better go get busy with the other two. There are things to do around here :)

Here's to the First Day of School everywhere!

1 comment:

  1. We do the poster on the first day, too! She looks more like you with all that long hair! Hooray for kids back in school!

    ReplyDelete