Oquirrh Mountain Temple
Open House
When her sparkling-eyed requests to accompany us
to the temple became more frequent than
our actual visits there,
we were grateful for a local open house
we were grateful for a local open house
with which to satisfy her curiosity
So on a hot and windy morning, we hastened together,
enjoying their excitement expressed in tactile wonderment
she carefully folding down a chair and taking a seat
in the ordinance room as if it were her own home
and recognizing the peace of the cozy chapel
he making sure to touch each railing, table and chair top;
caressing the varying textures of wood, marble, even glass,
as if understanding and savoring the craftsmanship
and We, after glimpsing ourselves in eternal mirrors,
sensed their restlessness and so ushered them
quickly (and lovingly) through the bride's room
quickly (and lovingly) through the bride's room
where we all smiled when she innocently asked
"where are the princesses, mom?"
Struck by the serendipity of our visit the day before Pioneer day,
I was filled with gratitude for the many sacrifices
that brought the gospel and the temple to this valley,
and the sealing blessings that bind our family eternally.
I was filled with gratitude for the many sacrifices
that brought the gospel and the temple to this valley,
and the sealing blessings that bind our family eternally.
"I was so happy to be there," Laila said
Indeed, so was I
No comments:
Post a Comment