their first train ride was on the FrontRunner
to Salt Lake on a free fare Friday.
This train wasn't loud but the freight train,
rumbling along the track behind it, was
rumbling along the track behind it, was
Ah, the nostalgic sound of my childhood--
when our back yard narrowly missed being the train track
and where we lost our poor guinea pig one unfortunate summer.
And as we ran from the train to connect with Trax,
I was surprised at how metropolitan it felt--
Its been too long since I saw the busyness of
Moscow, St. Petersburg, Paris, Venice,
even Perm with its overstuffed public transport
when Salt Lake City feels that crowded and hopping.
Perhaps it had something to do with
my traveling companions, whose existence
hadn't even crossed my mind
when I was traversing those far off places
But then, keeping track of
I was surprised at how metropolitan it felt--
Its been too long since I saw the busyness of
Moscow, St. Petersburg, Paris, Venice,
even Perm with its overstuffed public transport
when Salt Lake City feels that crowded and hopping.
Perhaps it had something to do with
my traveling companions, whose existence
hadn't even crossed my mind
when I was traversing those far off places
But then, keeping track of
two rambunctious children can be challenging
even in the quietest of suburban parks.
even in the quietest of suburban parks.
How do city moms do it?
No comments:
Post a Comment