Happy 4th Birthday
to my boy who loves dragons & cheetahs & pirates & knights!
to my boy who loves dragons & cheetahs & pirates & knights!
I was all set to make a dragon cake when he changed his mind and we pulled together a Cheetah party. It was the first little boy birthday that I've done and I kept it to 1 1/2 hours since that is what seems to work with little girl parties. But this party could have easily gone for 2 hours . . . we were opening presents as moms were picking up their boys and we didn't even get to one of the planned games.
It was a lot of fun running an obstacle course outside (I was happy the weather permitted!) to see if we could run as fast as Cheetahs.
And of course we had to make our Cheetah masks
(which I should have done in marker so we didn't have to wait for the paint to dry. Oh well.)
(which I should have done in marker so we didn't have to wait for the paint to dry. Oh well.)
That night we had family over for more cake & ice cream. There were grandmas & grandpas upstairs and grandmas & grandpas downstairs and cousins running around crazy upstairs and downstairs.
It wasn't until all the festivities were over that Max actually believed he is now 4 and he is so tickled about it that he keeps telling me, "mom, you don't know this. I'm 4!"
And so he is. Sure do love my boy.
It wasn't until all the festivities were over that Max actually believed he is now 4 and he is so tickled about it that he keeps telling me, "mom, you don't know this. I'm 4!"
And so he is. Sure do love my boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment